About Rachel Bryant Photography....

Nr Dorchester, Dorset, United Kingdom
Rachel Bryant Photography provides each client with a tailor made style. We have many different packages available for portraiture photography, product photography, event photography, wall hangs and stock photography!! I will work with the client to ensure the images reflect what they envisaged. This is a professional business, which provide a friendly, personal service. Although each photographer has his or her own style which will come through, the images should also relect the personality of each client. I have over a decade of photography experience and have made the transition from film to digital. Once I would have used my own fully equiped darkroom, now my darkroom is computer based (Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom). I have completed my Diploma in Professional Photography in February 2011 and now have plans to work towards a Licentiateship with the Royal Photographic Society and later the British Institute of Professional Photography. The aim of this blog is to serve as a record for myself, but mainly as my way of allowing you to see an informal record of RBP's activities. Enjoy!

Thursday 3 March 2011

Diploma completed!!!

Wow! Has it really been over 3 months since I last updated RBP's blog!  How time has flown.

My diploma is now complete and I have included the six images I submitted for my final portfolio in this post.


My field for this particular portfolio was portraiture and macro.  I was over the moon to receive an overall pass of 92%!!! It is always a compliment for a photographer to hear highly regarded praise, whether from a professional or personal viewpoint. My thanks go to my Tutor and all the team, for making this experience a tough, but very enjoyable experience!


My aim now is to apply for the opportunity to gain a Licecntiateship with The Royal Photographic Society. This can take a year or two to achieve and is invaluable in terms of professional and personal development.




I have also been extremely busy re-evaluating the legal status of the business, and work is gradually picking up pace. The diary is filling up and many more potential clients have come forward to discuss their requirements. I am also finalising details for RBP's Business Plan - this is not something that can be rushed, more of a document that has to nutured and matured. As we are planning a investment of a large value to expand the business, the plan is a must to ensure that goals and targets are realistic and achievable.  I will admit though, this is not my favourite part of having my own photography business - I would much rather be behind the camera than behind a desk!! Still, it is a very important document and the process helps refine the direction of a business, so needs must, as they say!




 Above are five of the six images from my portfolio, the sixth image can be found in my first ever blog. The image of the rose has had many good reviews and compliments, so it obviously had to be including in my final assignment.

Anyway, I must now stop procrastinating on here and get back to my business plan. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment