About Rachel Bryant Photography....

Nr Dorchester, Dorset, United Kingdom
Rachel Bryant Photography provides each client with a tailor made style. We have many different packages available for portraiture photography, product photography, event photography, wall hangs and stock photography!! I will work with the client to ensure the images reflect what they envisaged. This is a professional business, which provide a friendly, personal service. Although each photographer has his or her own style which will come through, the images should also relect the personality of each client. I have over a decade of photography experience and have made the transition from film to digital. Once I would have used my own fully equiped darkroom, now my darkroom is computer based (Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom). I have completed my Diploma in Professional Photography in February 2011 and now have plans to work towards a Licentiateship with the Royal Photographic Society and later the British Institute of Professional Photography. The aim of this blog is to serve as a record for myself, but mainly as my way of allowing you to see an informal record of RBP's activities. Enjoy!

Tuesday 23 November 2010

MUGA/Skatepark Opening

So Saturday saw my second official 'gig'.  I was asked by the Chairman of our Parish Council if I would like to come along and take some photographs of the Official Opening of the Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) and Skatepark, which also coincided with the opening of the new play area at the village Playgroup.  I have only done one other vaguely similar shoot, which was for a family member at their annual Cider Open Day (they run a cider museum), so needless to say I was a little nervous.  The local paper was also there looking very official and blatently knew what he was doing - not to say that I didn't mind you!  I decided following his lead would be the best thing - 1) to learn from someone who already does this as a career and 2) people do not want to waiting around while I arrange an already well-arranged set-up!  As much as people love photos, the one thing you hear at lot of at events (and weddings) is 'are the photos going to take long?!'.

The HM Lord Lieutenant - Mrs Pitt-Rivers - was there to open the skatepark along with members of the younger generation of the village (one of whom actually got to meet The Queen, during his quest to fund and setup the skatepark)  Also there were the local police - PCSO Vicki Hedges - as a source of encouragement and public relations. Dorset Communtiy Action (DCA) were also present in the form of local Community Development Worker - Kris Hallett, who tires endlessly to provide Dorchester and surrounding villages with the support they need to improve their communities.  Afterwards we all regroup at the Playgroup to unveil the new play area - much needed as many children in this area do not have access to a children friendly garden at home. 

May I just say a massive congratulations to all those involved in saturday's celebrations - you have all done a fantastic job and should be extremely pround of yourselves!

Fingers crossed a couple of my photos will appear in the Western Gazette on thursday - the second time my images have appeared in a local paper in as many weeks - I'll up date you next week on any developments there.

While all this is going on, I have also been busy researching pricing in this region.  I have my rough estimates for portrait packages, events packages and wall hangs - but need to clarify these with a local printer to source regular access to quality prints. I would rather not use the big 'online' names, as I would prefer to support the small local businesses that are more capable of providing quality along with superb, professional customer service at a personal level.  Hopefully I will have the prices finalised as soon as possible - in the mean time please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can provide a photographic service for you.  I already have 7 portraits sittings lined up for the coming few months - a studio should be available in the new year - great news.

Thats all for this week - next week I should be able to provide you with an up date to my diploma (module 7) and let you know if my photos did indeed appear in the paper.

Until next time...............

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment